Why No GMAT?
American University's Kogod School of Business is dedicated to delivering a world-class business education founded on collaborative, experiential learning. Rather than setting finite quantitative standards for our applicants, we seek to attract aspiring business leaders who display a passion for finding innovative, team-based solutions to today's business challenges. That is why our online MBA and online Master of Science in Analytics require no GMAT or GRE score reports to apply.
Looking Beyond Standardized Test Scores
Many graduate business programs place a tremendous emphasis on GMAT or GRE score reports when evaluating applicants. At the Kogod School of Business, we recognize that while standardized test scores can be an indicator of students' academic abilities, they do not fully represent their potential to become business leaders.
Business leadership is not about test scores; it is about having the keen insight to recognize critical opportunities and possessing the technical and interpersonal skills to capitalize on these opportunities in a team-based setting. Because of this, applicants to Kogod's online business programs are not required to submit GRE or GMAT score reports when applying to the program.
Supporting Students Through Kogod's Bridge to Business Program
Because Kogod evaluates potential students holistically, we encourage students who may not be confident in their quantitative abilities or who have been away from the classroom for an extended time to participate in a Bridge to Business course. This course offers a foundational understanding of core business principles and counts toward a student's GPA. Learn more about the Bridge to Business course.
The Benefits of a Kogod Education
At Kogod, we facilitate an inclusive learning environment that encourages students to collaborate with one another. Our unique educational philosophy and dedicated teaching faculty have helped us develop a reputation as a highly respected, exceptionally diverse institution. Our online business programs offer students across the country the benefits of a Kogod education, including:
- Faculty—Our courses are designed and taught by the same renowned faculty who teach Kogod's on-campus business programs.
- Flexibility—Our online learning platform allows students to participate in face-to-face, live class sessions from anywhere with an Internet connection. Multimedia course content can be completed on a student's own time from any computer or mobile device.
- Curriculum—The same faculty who teach on campus design the online coursework and classes, upholding the same commitment to collaborative, experiential learning.
- Accreditation—The program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Online Interaction and Student Engagement—Small-group projects, collaborative discussions, in-person immersions, live online classes, and one-on-one office hours help create a community of professionals that are just as connected as traditional on-campus MBA communities.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio—Our online business programs feature classes with a student to faculty ratio of no more than 15-to-1.
- Student Support Services—From first contact all the way through graduation and beyond, the Kogod School of Business provides students with unparalleled support.